Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Year Piano Hallelujah!

Our Winter Holiday Open House was a great event! The students played BEAUTIFULLY!! This duet is played by Erin Falls and myself. I know Erin will enjoy having this recording in her On-Line Musical Memory Book on the Kids Piano Page. Many students played their pieces several times with me at the Open House. Playing together is so much fun - especially the joyful songs everyone loves to hear during the holiday season.


O Come All Ye Faithful, Played by TallyPiano Studios Student, Erin Falls.

The end of the year is a great time for students to celebrate their progress by taking a "listen" back through the years in their Musical Memory Books. It's so easy to do this on the Kids Piano Page. During the last week of the term I make time to do this during lessons. Students always say things like, "I remember playing that song last year!" and "Listen to my very first Holiday Piece - Jolly Old St. Nicholas! Gosh, I can't believe I've been playing so long! I've made a lot of progress since I began piano!"

Now it is time to set new goals for a New Year. To help with this, below is a link to free sheet music to encourage students to keep celebrating their piano progress. I hope students enjoy this fun variation for level 1 or level 2 students on a familiar tune from George Frederic Handel - Piano New Year Hallelujah!















from
Piano Bears Musical Storybooks
Click Here Free New Year Sheet Music

Best Wishes for a Joyful Holiday Season!

Cynthia Marie Vanlandingham

No comments: